The institute regularly holds short seminars
and certificate courses for training of municipal and governmental
staff in charge of administering noise, sound, acoustics or vibration
The courses provide the municipal/governmental delegate(s) with
the fundamentals and basics of acoustics at levels commensurate with
the selected course and the necessary training to enforce the applicable
government legislation or mandate.
The courses will also provide a forum for delegate interaction
with their peers in other comparable government programs who perform
similar duties or administer similar programs on acoustics, noise,
sound and vibration.
THE COURSES ARE UNIQUE AND TAILORED
TO JOB DESCRIPTIONS IN ONTARIO AND OTHER JURISDICTIONS
The courses offered are a first in Canada as the Institute provides
- Training for municipal and governmental employees only on acoustics,
noise, sound and vibration control.
- The subjects taught are tailored to the exact mandate of the
- The courses are offered on regularly scheduled dates.
- Several levels of training are offered on the same topic to
accommodate different levels of job responsibility.
- Certificates of attendance will be provided to the delegates
who attend the 2 day courses.
For 2 specific courses, an examination will be administered and
a Certificate of Competency will be issued for passing the examination.
- Hands-on training and workshops will be provided depending
on the course such as calculations using computers, the use of
computer programs, field trips, use of specialized instrumentation,
demonstration of equipment and products related to the course.
- Limited enrollment to maximize the benefit for the delegates
(a maximum number of 12 has been set as the upper limit, and in
some courses, participation will be limited to 6 persons).
- Some of the course time will be allocated for workshops and
group discussion with other colleagues.
- Delegates may request that certain issues that are of immediate
concern to the majority be addressed by the Instructor provided
that such issues are made known to the Institute at least 3 weeks
before the course date.
- There are no prerequisites as the courses will be compatible
with the job functions of the delegates.